Are you planning to throw a little party at home by inviting relatives? Do you want to bring something memorable without spending a huge cost? Maybe you could try to invite your relatives to dine together in your home. This plan needs some preparation, and decoration of the dining room and dining table.
Decorating your table for a special agenda can be a very exciting activity. You can create as freely as possible with your dining table to bring something simple yet special. Thinking about the concept is highly recommended to us better prepared for the things to be purchased or provided. Great concept, with the accordance of the theme and party purpose will be the right guidance for us to start designing.
Not only a good decoration, the food also has the strong influence also the food that we serve at the table as much as possible so inviting our show will not end up disappointing. However, what are the things that must be prepared before inviting relatives for a meal at home? Here are the things that can be used as a guide to decorating the dining room as well as your dining table to make it look better .
- Eating utensils
- Marquetry plate
- Marquetry plate
The steps are:
1. Choose a theme from the party or event in advance. No need to pick a theme that complicated, just simple common theme. Suppose theme of elegant, casual, romantic, or fancy. In determining the theme, consider the purpose of the event as well as guests to invite. Do not let the theme of the event confuse your guests.
2. Clean up the candles, plates, spoons, forks, and other furniture in the dining room. Clean up all the windows, tables, chair. Wipe it and do it at least 3 days before the big day and repeat if necessary. Make dining table the highest priority, so focus your attention on the area around the dining table.
3. Determine the number of guests to invite. It is very helpful to you in providing the number of seats in the dining room. If this party is just a small party with guests less than 10 people, the regular dining table may be sufficient to accommodate your needs. However, if the event covers a fairly large number of guests, of course you need a dining table and a number of additional seats to adjust the number of guests invited
4. Choose a new table cloth, washed and ironed. Clean tablecloth will make your guests feel comfortable eating at the table. White colored, gold fringe or lace is perfect when combined with the color table made of dark wood. If necessary, add a glass placemat for each guest, complete with a napkin or towel.
5. Place a placemat adjusted by the number of seats on the dining table. Adjust the distance is at least 2 inches between each placemat with other mats. Placemat should have a width equal to the width of your seat at the dinner table.
6. Put a decorative object in the middle of the dining table. The object serves as a focal point to decorate your dining table so it can be in tune with the theme. The item may be a pot of flowers, fruit baskets, candles, and so on. If you want something romantic and luxurious, you can put some wax with a size 3 or 5 inches, and in combination with other decorations such as flowers or ribbons.
7. Adjust the plates, bowls, knives, spoons and forks with the prone position. You can see your cutlery set in accordance with the rules of table arrangement that we usually encounter while on the course table manner.There are 2 types of table arrangement, the European style or American style. Both methods are different, but there are some important points that tend to be similar.
How to set Table Arrangement Under the Rule Table Manner
Place the fork on the left side of each plate while the spoon or knife in the right. The position of cutlery must be vertical or perpendicular. Glasses, cups, and bowls are placed on the right top of each placemat. The glass is placed closest to the shortest and tallest coaster located somewhat farther to the right. Lastly, fold and roll the napkin and place it at the top of placemat. Your table is ready to be used for special events.
Once you are sure that the dining room and the dining table is ready and worthy to welcome guests, do not forget to serve something special as well. Serve recipes that you do not have to be expensive and you also do not need to buy them out. Simply serve something unique and out of your own creation or serve dishes with a special way so as not to seem too simple. Regular meals are packed amazing to look attractive to enjoy on your special agenda.